My 'to do' check list has been dwindled down to a few, yet very important, items:
1. Call my bank to ensure I can pay for that top rated dinner I've booked my First night in Montreal - I'd love to avoid the embarrassing conversation between myself and the waiter after I've realized I forgot to tell said bank I'm out of the country.
2. Get directions, or at least a general idea of how to get from Montreal airport to my hostel. I remember all too well what a nightmare it was trying to find my hostel in Amsteredam while using the less than vague directions from the hostels' website - lesson learned!
3. Re-examine yesterday's packing job - pretty sure one inch of free space is not nearly enough for souvenirs. This is no easy task; do I take out my one pair of heels (I think not - me without heels is like a fish out of water) I need to have some refuge from the dirty, cramped, lack of privacy of hostel living. That leaves me with eliminating some of the evening ware I thought would be appropriate for some of the more upscale restaurants I'll be dining at....or only taking one jacket....or two instead of three pairs of jeans...
4. I need to take a stance on the whole 'to take the travel neck pillow or not take the neck pIllow' subject. I'll be miserable on the flights without it and I'll be miserable toting it around with me every 2-3 days I move from city to city.
Tough decisions for a Sunday evening...think I'll go finish off that bottle of Pinot I opened last night and rock this list
No comments:
Post a Comment