Sunday, July 17, 2011

Jet Lag

Hello from London! Well Heathrow airport to be exact. So I made it through security in a complete daze, managed to make my way to my terminal and spotted a bar/restaurant and immediately felt at ease. I glanced at the menu.....breakfast, ok they must not have replaced their menus, either that or they serve breakfast at all hours of the day here in England (it is9pm after all). Weirdos.

After about 5 minutes my adorable waitress pops over and asks if I would care for any coffe or tea.....uh no thanks, I'll have a dirty martini with 3 olives please. It Ll becomes clear in about 5 seconds when her smile turns to a look of confusion and embarrassment...it is in fact 9 in the morning!! Oh boy, this is going to be a long day. My flight for Dublin doesn't leave for another 4 hours! I also have about 30 minutes left on my wifi connection...apparently 'free wifi' isn't something they've caught on to here yet. Good news is....the bar is indeed open and I'm working on my second bloody, things could be worse, ey? (ok, last time I'm using that, I swear. Funny how it took only 72 hours in Canada to naturally finish my sentences with 'ey'?!)

Loving the British accents btw....wish I could stay here a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment